How can I remove unengaged contacts?
The best way to remove unengaged contacts is by using Segmentation.
- Click on Contacts > Segmentation > Create a New Segment.
- Name and Save your segment. For example, if you want to remove anyone who has never opened, you could name it Never Opened. Choose Subscribers Match Any of the Segmentation Criteria.
- Scroll to your newly added segment, which will be at the bottom of the page under any existing segments. Click on the first drop down menu and pick Subscriber Engagement. Using this option you can eliminate those who have never opened, never clicked, or those whose last open was before or after a certain date.
- Choose Never Opened, Never Clicked, Last Open Was Before, or Last Open Was After.
- If you chose Never Opened or Never Clicked, you’re done – click Save New Option.
- If you chose Last Open Was Before or Last Open Was After, pick a date using the third calendar column, then click Save New Option.
- You will now see the total count of subscribers in the top lefthand corner. Use the refresh icon to update the count over time. Use the +Add to List feature to add these contacts to a new list.
- You can then delete the list under Contacts to remove these unengaged subscribers from your active list.