The best way to remove unengaged contacts is by using our Engagement Management tool. This is best used after you’ve been sending in Robly for a few months.
Why Should I Remove Unengaged Contacts?
Sending to contacts (and/or stale email addresses) that don’t engage with your campaigns can negatively impact your sending reputation and cause your emails to land in spam folders. This tool helps you fix this issue by removing contacts who do not engage with your emails.
Ultimately, cutting out the “dead weight” on your list will improve your open and click rates, and can also save you money if you go into a lower price bucket.
Okay, I’m sold. How do I do this?
*Removals cannot be undone, so we recommend you export your list prior to using this feature.*
Go to Reports > Engagement:
From here, you can choose between two options:
- Remove ALL unengaged contacts. This means anyone who has NEVER clicked or opened any email from you sent in Robly.
- Choose a time frame. You can opt to remove anyone who hasn’t engaged in the last 3, 6, 12, or 24 months. Use the Get Estimated Removal Total button to see how many contacts will be removed.
Use the Email a File checkbox to get a copy of the contact list that is removed.
You can also isolate unengaged contacts using Segmentation, which is what we recommended prior to releasing the tool above – here are those instructions if for some reason you prefer to do it this way.
- Click on Contacts > Segmentation > Create a New Segment.
- Name and Save your segment. For example, if you want to remove anyone who has never opened, you could name it Never Opened. Choose Subscribers Match Any of the Segmentation Criteria.
- Scroll to your newly added segment, which will be at the bottom of the page under any existing segments. Click on the first drop down menu and pick Subscriber Engagement. Using this option you can eliminate those who have never opened, never clicked, or those whose last open was before or after a certain date.
- Choose Never Opened, Never Clicked, Last Open Was Before, or Last Open Was After.
- If you chose Never Opened or Never Clicked, you’re done – click Save New Option.
- If you chose Last Open Was Before or Last Open Was After, pick a date using the third calendar column, then click Save New Option.
- You will now see the total count of subscribers in the top lefthand corner. Use the refresh icon to update the count over time. Use the +Add to List feature to add these contacts to a new list.
- You can then delete the list under Contacts to remove these unengaged subscribers from your active list.