We highly recommend (and may soon require) that you also import a Bounce list from Constant Contact when you’re importing your contact lists. The truth is that many campaigns sent through Constant Contact actually have pretty high bounce rates because they don’t automatically remove hard bounces from your list. Instead, they store them as a separate part of your list.
Our system is set up with stringent standards for bounces and SPAM complaints. When you import your contact list from Constant Contact into our system, it will still contain all those hard bounces too. As a result, when you send your first campaign, there’s a good chance it will trip our bounce thresholds and lock your account. Start by exporting your bounce list from Constant Contact, then import it into our system.
First, figure out which user interface you’re using in Constant Contact by picking which Contacts screen looks like yours:
Old user interface.
New user interface.
Old User Interface Instructions:
- After logging into Constant Contact, click Contacts > Manage Bounces.
- Select the email from the drop-down box.
- Check the appropriate bounce category boxes.
- Click Export.
- Select the data you want to export by checking off any of the boxes.
- Click either the Export as CSV or the Export as Text button, depending upon which file type you prefer.
- Click Contacts > Activity to see your import or export activities.
- Click Refresh until the status has changed to “Complete”.
- Click the “Export Bounces” activity. The page that appears displays information about the file, including the “Bounce Category” of that file.
- Click Download Export File.
- Follow the download dialog box screens to specify a location, name the file, and save it to your computer.
- Import the file into Robly. Log into your Robly account. Go to Contacts > Import Contacts > Import Removed Contacts.
New User Interface Instructions:
- After logging into Constant Contact, click Email > Reports.
- Scroll down the list of your emails to find the one you want to review.
- Click the hyper-linked number in your bounces column:
- Choose “All bounce types” form the Display drop-down on the right-hand side of your menu options.
- Click Export in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Click Export.
- Click “You can check the status here” in the confirmation message at the top of your screen.
- Click “Download Export File” for your recent request.
Note: It may take a few moments for that link to be available. Click the refresh icon in the gray bar for the most updated information.
- Depending on your browser, a pop-up message will give you the choice to save or open the file.
- Click Save and choose your desktop as the location for the file.
- Import the file into Robly. Log into your Robly account. Go to Contacts > Import Contacts > Import a Do Not Mail List. It is the grey button on the “import contacts” page below the green “Import from Constant Contact” button:
*See our disclaimer here.