Autoresponders let you create and send campaigns to new subscribers automatically. You can create one or a series of welcome or promotional emails and control when the new subscriber receives them. For example, you could build a welcome email that is triggered to send to a new subscriber 1 hour after they sign up. Autoresponders will work for both new contacts that you import, adding a single subscriber, or any new contacts who sign up via your sign up form.
1. It’s easy! Just click on the Campaigns > Autoresponders in your Robly account and then click Create New Autoresponder.
2. You will now go through the regular campaign build process for your Autoresponder campaign.
3. Now you are going to set your Autoresponder trigger. Choose the amount of time after signup that you want the recipients to get the email as well as the list, if any, the Autoresponder goes to:
4. Configure your Settings (Autoresponder Name, Subject Line, Inbox Preview Text, etc) as usual:
5. On the next page, click Enable Autoresponder:
6. Your scheduled Autoresponders will display under the Autoresponders tab. From there, you can toggle any Autoresponder ON or OFF. You can also View, Edit the design or settings, and Delete:
So easy! Just find the campaign you want to use under the Campaigns tab. Then, hover over Options > Create Autoresponder:
This will create a new Autoresponder under your Autoresponder tab that you can now edit and set up.
Go to Signup Tools > Popup Forms. Then, click Edit Popup:
Go to Advanced Settings, choose the same list that your Autoresponder is set to, then click Apply Relevant Autoresponders:
Don’t forget to click Save Changes!
You can choose whether or not to enable your existing Autoresponders during a contact import for both Add a Single Subscriber and a bulk import.
For Adding a Single Subscriber:
For Importing Multiple Contacts or Bulk Import:
Your reporting stats work the same as a regular campaign. You will see the stats for any given Autoresponder in the columns to the right of the Autoresponder name. Click into any section by clicking on the different color numbers to see more detailed information.
Turn any Autoresponder off or on using the toggle buttons seen above in the Status column.
A few things to note: